.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

McLaughlin's Valley

Love American History? Come On In! Dedicated to preserving the history of the McLaughlin family, wherever they may be! Historical documents, photos, family histories, and more. To add your family history to the site, email here. Please SEARCH this site from the search bar above left or BROWSE topics listed in sidebar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2005

McLaughlin Genealogy: Previous Posts

"They Sure Liked the Name Hugh, Didn't They?"

Post includes research information on four different Virginian Hugh McLaughlins:
1st ran from HMS Cruizer, Virginia Coast 1743;
2nd father of two orphaned children in Augusta County Virginia, 1772;
3rd son of 2nd;
4th died in Revolutionary War, 1777.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cemetery Headstone Photos

Post 1 and Post 2 from Highland County, Virginia.

Post from Pocahontas County, West Virginia.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Charles Lee McLaughlin said...

Excellent site! Everything on it is a good read and informative, to say the least.

I'm submitting my tree for your consideration and for your take on how I can determine which Hugh McLaughlin belongs to my line. I'm persuaded I descend from John Nenry McLaughlin who was born in 1785 in Augusta County Virginia and died about 1840 in Rockinham County Viginia. From John Henry my line runs Through William McLaughlin, born 27 Nov. 1818 in Rockingham County, married Margaret Ann Helms on 21 Aug 1845 and died 17 Jan., 1887 in Monmouth, Ill. Then comes Charles Abraham McLaughlin, my gg grandfather, born 12 Oct. 1857 in Knox County, Ill., married Laura Witt on 19 Sept. 1880 and died 8 May, 1944 in Monmouth, ill. Winfield Scott McLaughlin, my g father, follows. He was born 4 Dec., 1880 in Monmouth, Ill., married Blanche Estelle Lee(date unknown) and died 31 Dec. 1907 in Monmouth, Ill. Their only son, my father, is Harold Winfield McLaughlin (decd), born 26 Nov., 1902 in Monmouth, Ill., married 2 July, 1924 to Helen Lorraine Seymour (decd) and died 1 July, 1940 in Bakersfield, Calif. I am Charles Lee McLaughlin, born 8 June, 1928 in Bakersfield, Calif. and now reside in Nehalem, Oregon 97131. I have seven sons and one daughter.

I think John Henry's father was a Hugh McLaughlin but have no idea which one. Any help you or anyone else could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the work you are doing.

Chuck

5:01 PM  
Blogger ResRev said...

Hi, Chuck. Send me an email at tkay202863 at aol.com. Thanks! Joan

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home