.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

McLaughlin's Valley

Love American History? Come On In! Dedicated to preserving the history of the McLaughlin family, wherever they may be! Historical documents, photos, family histories, and more. To add your family history to the site, email here. Please SEARCH this site from the search bar above left or BROWSE topics listed in sidebar.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2005

On Genealogy--Lessons in Finding Your Past: Previous Posts

6/20/05 Post -- How to get started in family research.


by Joan M. Kay
from The Kaitlyn Mae Book Blog


Your ancestors made history.

Wherever your folks hail from—Virginia, Jamaica, England, China—they were the very fabric of that culture. They belong in a history book, somewhere, somehow. For figures such as George Washington or Napoleon Bonaparte, scholarly biographies are easy to come by and are worthwhile reading for any student of history. But what about your ancestors? In which book do you read about their contributions to history? Unless you are a descendent of, say, Patrick Henry or Thomas Jefferson, you won’t find one...

Click here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/27/05 Post -- Documentation, Proof, and Keeping It All Straight


by Joan M. Kay
from The Kaitlyn Mae Book Blog

This is a "do as I say, not as I do" post, folks.

For you could see by taking a browse through my family group records, a great many of my facts have not been documented clearly. Or well. Or at all. I've very often been lazy as a summer pond when I'm researching.

But no longer...


Click here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about german genealogy and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about german genealogy so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by german genealogy

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home